How to install solar panels is the main question which comes to people’s mind when they decide to go on for solar power setup. Solar panels are quite possibly the future home-energy production. These are somewhat costly to buy, but once you will buy them and install them, you will save a larger amount of money for future. Although the initial purchasing and installation charges are high, after that there will be no cost to be incurred on its usage except the costs to be spent on repairing of its panels.
Solar panels should be installed at the roof top so that the sunlight could easily reach there because without sunlight the solar panels won’t work. The sunlight is very important for the purpose of getting electricity for our appliances at home and at other places. The solar panel works only with sunlight as the light and heat from the sun when strikes the solar panel than these panels start its conversion process. As this process includes intake of heat and converting that heat into electricity, this heat should be abundant so that we get electricity in abundance too. Installing solar panel at home is not an easy task. Firstly, the person will have to check the rules mandated by the state government for the installation of the solar panel. If the rules are ok then the other task is of checking whether the communities around you are comfortable with its installation. Third thing to be kept in mind is legalese.
For most of the people who want to install solar panel at their home, the roof is the best place. It usually has the structural specifications that the solar panel require. All we need is mounting hardware and appropriate flashings. A single solar panel produce very less amount of power but many installations contains several panels. This is known as photovoltaic array. This type of installation typically includes an array of solar panels, an inverter, and rechargeable batteries (for use at night). There is sometimes a transformer after the inverter, which allows 240 volts split phase appliances (such as clothes drier) to be used. Without transformer, only 120 volt devices may be used.
How to Install Solar Panels – Points to Consider
While installing solar panels some characteristic points should be kept in mind. These are as follows:
- Solar efficiency: This percentage rating indicates how much electricity a single panel produces per area. The more efficient the panel, the smaller the surface you will need.
- Durability: Buying a solar panel is probably the biggest investment you have made, but after the installation it charges nothing from you except for its repairs. So the solar panels are yet very much expensive to buy but they will save a large money out of power bills.
- Features: While buying any product it is mandatory to know its details. While buying a solar panels too, you no doubt want to know the temperature range that it handles depending upon where you live and most importantly what the weather is like. You would also like to know the material used for its construction.
- Dimension: If you know these measurements than you would be able to decide how many panels of certain brands you might have to install. At some point you would also like to consult some professional about, whether the roof would be able to handle the weight of certain solar panel system.
These are some points which are to be remembered while choosing the solar panel. Solar panels are now becoming very popular as the non-renewable resources of energy are getting depleted day by day. So people have started using these solar energy panels which help them in getting more power in lesser prices. Solar panel is very expensive if you are going to buy it but after installation there will be no cost of using power. Everything depends upon the use of panels. If there is one panel than the power getting generated is very much lesser but if you are having panels more than one than the power generation will be increased and in this way you can use more energy.
Steps on How to Install Solar Panels
The installation of a solar panel is not an easy task. As firstly engineers have to come to your place where you want to install the solar panel then they will have to take a site survey and take the measurements of your roof and have to inspect whether they have the visibility to the south by using their path finder. The engineer first goes through the four corners of the roof of where the solar path finder is going to be placed. Even if your roof is pointing to south, and nothing is blocking the sun you will still have to call an engineer for the survey because there are much more points to follow while installing the solar panels. If your house consists of lots of stuff for getting lightened and powered then the solar panel of 14 kW of power generation should be installed. Some important steps to consider are as follows:
- Step 1: Pick out a spot for your solar panel on either the west or east, wherever it receives most of the sun light.
- Step 2: Figure out your latitude tilt. Means if you live twenty-five degree latitude, your solar panel will need to be tilted towards the sun in the amount of latitude number.
- Step 3: Mounts should be placed four feet apart and on top of rafters.
- Step 4: Drill holes carefully into the rafters. You do not want them to split. These holes are where your steel bolts will fasten the solar-panel mounts to roof.
- Step 5: Secure the mounts with steel bolts. Make sure to seal the area around the bolts in order to keep your thermal envelop air tight.
- Step 6: Make sure that the solar panels are off the roof at least a quarter of a foot.
- Step 7: Your solar panel is mounted. You can now connect it to your electrical supply.
You will also talk to an electrician about its installation.
In India, large solar energy projects have been installed in Rajasthan state and the area covered by these projects is 35,000 km of Thar Desert. This project is sufficient to generate 700 GW to 2,100 GW of power. The installation charges of this project are very high. India is now facing a severe electricity deficit because of its growing economy. The photovoltaic panels are very much expensive to be installed but the production of electricity after successful installation is totally free. The plant needs somewhat maintenance as all other plants do but the maintenance cost is very much low as compared to other plants.
By now, you must have gotten the idea on how to install solar panels. As discussed, solar panel is very important thing if you want to use solar energy because non-renewable resources we are using these days are depleting day by day and they even cannot be renewed again and again and also they are very much expensive. The solar panel are expensive to buy but there is no cost of using it as the usage is nothing. The installation of solar panel is sometimes included when we buy it. But sometimes you will have to hire an engineer for checking out the dimensions and other things. Therefore, it is advisable to take suggestions from the engineers as they will guide you better than anyone else. Also after installation, the solar panels should be maintained well so that no need arises for calling anyone for the repair. The solar panels should be installed with care as the panels are very expensive too.
Search Terms: how to install solar panels step by step, how to install solar panels pdf, how to install solar panels on roof, how to install solar panels yourself, how to wire solar panels, how to install solar panels at home, how to install solar panels on your home, how to install solar panels on your roof